Office: St. Thomas Hall, Room 211
Phone: 805-421-5963 | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Curriculum Vitae | Publications | Audio
B.A., Thomas Aquinas College, 1990; M.A., The Catholic University of America, 1993; Ph.D., The Catholic University of America, 1998; Lecturer in Philosophy, The Catholic University of America, 1993-1994; Professor of Philosophy, Sacred Heart Major Seminary (Detroit), 1994-2002; Tutor, Thomas Aquinas College, 2002-.
On the Transcendence of the Political Common Good: Aquinas versus the New Natural Law Theory . The National Catholic Bioethics Quarterly, 13.1 (2013): 133-156. [Note: This essay is part of a special issue on the theme Critiques of the New Natural Law Theory . It is an abridged version of an article published in a volume by the National Catholic Bioethics Center.]
- Revision of the entry “Substance,” In New Catholic Encyclopedia Supplement 2012-13: Ethics and Philosophy, edited by Robert Fastiggi and Joseph Koterski, SJ. The Catholic University of America Press and Cengage Learning, 2013.
- “The Political Common Good and the Perfection of Human Freedom.” In Reason and the Rule of Faith, edited by Steven Long and Christopher Thompson (University Press of America, 2011), 159-66.
- St. Thomas on the Unity of Substantial Form. Nova et Vetera 7.4 (2009): 781-90.
- St. Thomas Aquinas and the Natural Law Tradition: Contemporary Perspectives, edited by John Goyette, Mark S. Latkovic, and Richard S. Myers (Washington, D.C.: The Catholic University of America Press, 2004).
- “Natural Law and the Metaphysics of Creation.” In St. Thomas Aquinas and the Natural Law Tradition: Contemporary Perspectives, edited by John Goyette, Mark S. Latkovic, and Richard S. Myers (Washington, D.C.: The Catholic University of America Press, 2004), 74-7.
- Substantial Form and the Recovery of an Aristotelian Natural Science . The Thomist 66.4 (2002): 519-533.
- Augustine versus Newman on the Relation between Sacred and Secular Science . In Faith, Scholarship and Culture in the 21st Century, edited by Alice Ramos and Marie I. George (American Maritain Association Publications, distributed by The Catholic University of America Press, 2002), 202-218.
- The Idea of a Catholic University: Newman on the Role of Theology in a Liberal Education . Co-authored with William Mathie. Maritain Studies 16 (2000): 71-91